The Kentucky Vegetable
was established in 1970 as a non-profit organization to bring together individuals interested in vegetable production. We have an annual meeting every January in Lexington jointly held with the Kentucky Horticulture Society and the Kentucky Vineyard Society.
At this meeting growers can:
- Learn the latest in production techniques from UK Extension specialists, out-of-state speakers, and other growers
- Visit a trade show featuring seed companies and equipment and supplies dealers.
- Network with other growers in the state
- Meet with UK Extension Specialists to discuss disease prevention, insect control, fertilization, crop varieties, and marketing
- Attend sessions that provide them with pesticide recertification CEUs
Other membership benefits include…
- Authorization to use 24-C local needs pesticide registrations
Support KVGA to…
- Help promote Kentucky-grown produce
- Support and direct research activities at the University of Kentucky
- Encourage young people to work in the vegetable industry
- Present a unified voice for Kentucky vegetable growers to legislators